Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To optimize your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Muskogee is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Hix Air Conditioning Service, Inc. always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another time to recall the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace the filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the winter. Turning on your air conditioner before removing the cover can severely damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. cut the grass, get rid any debris and clear away overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it clear and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Hix Air Conditioning Service, Inc. in Muskogee at 918-682-8238 today.