Having routine air conditioning service done at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Muskogee season, have the specialists at Hix Air Conditioning Service, Inc. perform your routine air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to illegally releasing it to the environment.
- Look for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the appropriate electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it regularly. We advise taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Hix Air Conditioning Service, Inc. today at 918-682-8238.