If you want to stay comfortable during the cold months in Muskogee, your heat pump will need some maintenance to keep operating at its best. If you’ve already planned your yearly tune-up with Hix Air Conditioning Service, Inc., you’re right on schedule. Don’t be too concered if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are many things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its peak performance. Try these maintenance ideas to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Reduced airflow makes your heat pump work too hard and can harm your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters regularly and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t highlight this enough. It’s a simple way to help the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the space around your outdoor unit if odds and ends have accumulated or plants have taken control of the zone.
- To make sure your system is working correctly, test your thermostat frequently. Turn it on and slowly increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump turn on. If you don’t hear anything, check out our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat guidance or give us a call.
Keeping you comfortable this winter is important to us. If you want to hear more about heat pump maintenance or would like to meet with one of our professionals, call Hix Air Conditioning Service, Inc. at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.