When it’s chilly in Muskogee you count on your heat pump to keep you warm. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair visit coming soon. Yearly maintenance service from certified technicians can keep your system working properly and identify likely problem areas before they get worse. Between service visits, make sure to look for cues that indicate repair is needed. Here are some of the most well-known symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating correctly. Is it running for enough time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem weak? These symptoms could hint at a slight problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump is stuck in heating mode or cooling mode. When it’s too hot outside, your heat pump cools your home by moving refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When winter arrives, heat pumps shift the process and carries refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to switch modes, it may be time to contact an expert to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling how it regularly does. Your heat pump might be overheating if it is cycling on and off too often. This might point to a simple problem. Your thermostat may need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be replaced. It may also indicate a malfunction in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled consistently. Are your registers all open and clear? If they are and the problem endures, contact an expert to see why your system is malfunctioning or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is making a lot of noise. If your heat pump is suddenly running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be a problem.
You’ll know when you need to book heat pump repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The pros at Hix Air Conditioning Service, Inc. will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.