Make your life less difficult—begin preparing your air conditioner now before hotter temperatures turn up. You can save on your energy bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its top efficiency! If you are working your system when it needs service, you could see a drastic hike in costs and damaging wear and tear on your air conditioner. Keep your system working efficiently with at least one air conditioning service call from your Hix Air Conditioning Service, Inc. professional each year. This is critical to keep your unit working for a long time to come. The technician can confirm that your unit is working correctly and keep an eye out for trouble areas to head off any possible problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more costly repairs.
Just some of the advantages a professional air conditioning service will present you:
- Cooling cycle assessment
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of the moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are actions you can do now and throughout the year to ensure your AC is functioning at peak performance.
- Clear the spot around your unit. Make sure there aren’t plants growing too close to your AC, which can cut off airflow. Remove piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outside unit was covered during the cold season, make sure to uncover it. You can harm your system if you operate your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could trigger the need for big repairs or total replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Hix Air Conditioning Service, Inc. service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your usual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters each month and replace them when necessary! Different homes have different air filter replacement requirements. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may have to change them on a more regular basis.
Make sure your air conditioning is operating at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned regularly. It keeps your home healthy too! If you follow these few steps, your AC will be ready for whatever warmer temps can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Hix Air Conditioning Service, Inc. team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.