Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Muskogee during the cooler months, when they’re necessary to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Hix Air Conditioning Service, Inc. will constantly be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks accurate, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Hix Air Conditioning Service, Inc. at 918-682-8238 and we’ll get your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.